Alex Little has a passion for sports and entertainment law. In addition to his work on behalf of college athletes under name, image and likeness regulations, he is an NFLPA certified contract advisor, allowing him to negotiate contracts on behalf of NFL players. He also represents entertainers in various industries with transactional matters, including recording contracts, publishing agreements, and film and television deals.
Alex also focuses his practice on criminal defense, litigation, government investigations, appeals and victim’s rights.
As a former Assistant U.S. Attorney with the Department of Justice, Alex has extensive trial and appellate experience in state and federal courts. He draws on this experience to represent clients facing investigations or defend against criminal charges. Alex also has substantial experience representing individuals facing government false claims, both civil and criminal.
Alex regularly serves as a legal analyst and commentator for national and international news networks, including Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, ABC News, and SkyNews in the UK.
Alex has served as a law clerk and consultant to the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC), as an analyst at the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), as a law clerk for Judge Marsha Berzon of U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in San Francisco, CA, and as an advisor to former President Jimmy Carter in the Conflict Resolution Program at The Carter Center. In these roles, Alex has drafted intelligence briefings for senior U.S. policymakers, facilitated negotiations between governments and rebel groups in Africa as well as assisted in the development of the first indictments issued by the ICC for war crimes in Uganda.
- Executive Committee Member, Criminal Justice Section (2012 – Present), Tennessee Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Fellow, Truman National Security Project (2007 – Present)
- Board Member, American Constitution Society, Nashville Chapter (2011 – Present)
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America Criminal Defense: General Practice (2021)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, Criminal Defense: White Collar (2019-2020)
- Nashville Business Journal, “40 Under 40” (2018)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, Rising Star
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Vanderbilt Law School
- Chairman, Tennessee Historical Justice Coalition
- Chairman of a support coalition, Special Joint Committee of the Tennessee General Assembly on Unsolved Crimes from the Civil Rights Era
- Co-Founder, New Leaders Council, Nashville Chapter
- Executive Committee and Advisory Board Member, Nurses for Newborns Foundation
- Advisory Board Member, Discovery Center at Murfree Spring
- Founding Board Member and Board Secretary, International Peace and Security Institute