India Vincent’s practice is devoted to helping clients identify, protect and generate maximum value from their intellectual property, helping clients develop and implement policies and procedures to protect their data, and guiding clients through responding to cyber incidents.
India chairs Burr’s Intellectual Property, Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Practice Group. She earned her CIPP/US certification to become a Certified Privacy Professional. India’s areas of practice include cybersecurity, data privacy, GDPR, CCPA, software and technology licensing, technology development and research, corporate transactions, and intellectual property (IP). She assists her clients in creating, developing, growing, managing and selling their businesses with a specific focus on maximizing the value of their data and other intellectual property assets, by assisting with licensing strategies, data protection efforts, due diligence research and secure implementation of new technologies. As part of those efforts, India works with clients to determine appropriate strategies for clearing, protecting, licensing and enforcing intellectual property, including trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, and copyrights, and advises clients regarding contractual relationships with customers and vendors.
India also assists clients with identifying their valuable data and other proprietary information and developing customized, situationally appropriate security and data protection policies and breach response plans. When the worst happens, India helps clients work through the process of responding to a cyber incident, securing electronic and physical systems, assessing the impact of the incident, complying with all notice requirements and developing remediation plans to thwart future attacks.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®️, “Lawyer of the Year,” Copyright Law, Birmingham, Alabama (2018, 2020,2022); “Lawyer of the Year,” Trademark Law, Birmingham, Alabama (2015, 2019, 2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America®️, Copyright Law (2012-2022), Trademark Law (2014-2022)
- Birmingham Business Journal’s “Top 40 Under 40” (2009)
- International Trademark Law Association, Data Protection Committee (2016-2021); Chair of Legislation Subcommittee (2020-2021); Emerging Issues Committee (2012-2015)
- American Bar Association, Section of Intellectual Property Law, Science and Technology Law Section
- Alabama Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section
- Birmingham Bar Association – Business Section
- Georgia State Bar Association
TechBirmingham, Executive Board Member (Vice-Chair 2018; Chair 2019)
- Manage client trademark portfolios including, assisting with selection and clearance of marks, registration of marks and maintenance of registrations.
- Advising clients on strategies for defending and enforcing their trademarks and copyrights and representing clients in such efforts.
- Advise start-up and growth companies on investment strategies, IP protection strategies, and other matters relevant to an emerging company.
- Represent companies in the development of brand strategies, including registration, protection, licensing and enforcement of marks.
- Assist large manufacturing companies in the negotiation of development and licensing agreements for their manufacturing software systems, operational software and technology applications.
- Represent consumer and business-to-business based brand companies in all business matters.
- Assist large industrial clients in development of copyright and trademark policies.
- Assist clients in development of proactive cyber-security policies, breach response plans, and related security policies and procedure.
- Assist clients in responding to a security incident, securing all systems, determining if a breach occurred, assessing reporting requirements and implementing remediation efforts.
- Assist and guide clients in table topic exercises to assess incident response plans.