Scott is a Partner in the firm’s Corporate and Tax group where his practice focuses on estate and wealth preservation planning, as well as tax matters and disputes. He leverages this extensive experience to counsel college athletes in long term planning as they navigate the new NCAA name, image and likeness rules. Scott is a certified contract advisor by the National Football League (NFL) Players Association.
Scott counsels clients in all areas of estate planning including but not limited to complex gift, generation skipping transfer tax and estate tax planning, business succession planning, life insurance planning, and lifetime giving and charitable planning. Additionally, he handles all aspects of probate and trust administration, including advising fiduciaries throughout the administrative process and representing beneficiaries seeking to assert their rights in an estate or trust.
Scott represents taxpayers in gift, generation skipping and estate tax controversies with the Internal Revenue Service ranging from audits of returns and administrative appeals within the IRS to Tax Court matters.
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, Real Property & Probate and Trust Law Sections
- Georgia Bar Association
- Central Florida Estate Planning Council
Honors & Awards
- Graduate, Florida Fellows Institute of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (2019)
- Florida Super Lawyers (2007-2014, 2017)
- Orlando Business Journal “Best of the Bar”
- Florida Trend’s “Legal Elite,” Estate Planning (2008 & 2009)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent© Peer Review Rating
- Holocaust Memorial Education Center of Center Florida, Board of Directors